The 12VoltDirect DC-DC charger is designed to manage solar and alternator power inputs to charge an auxiliary (house) battery system. The system will preference solar when available, providing lower loads on your engine. With automatic ignition detection enabled, the system will isolate the starting battery when the engine is off, preventing discharge of your critical starting battery.
It’s fully automatic, with a set-and-forget type operation. The microprocessor-controlled circuit keeps your battery in peak condition, automatically switching between six charging modes; Qualification, Recondition, Bulk, Absorption, Check, and Maintenance. Housed in a heavy-duty aluminium case with mounting bracket, and a front panel with charge status LEDs and push-button to select between Lead-acid, AGM, Calcium, GEL or LiFePO4 batteries.
It handles solar panels with 16 to 25V open-circuit voltage, and includes overcharge, short circuit, over-temperature, reverse polarity, thermal overload, and solar input overload safety protection.
- Heavy-duty Aluminium case and mounting brackets
- Microchip monitoring and control
- Fully automatic high-frequency multi-stage charging
- Pulse mode technology that reduces oxidation, evens electrolyte consistency and minimises temperature equating to longer battery life.
- Easy push-button chemistry select: AGM/Gel, Calcium, Lion, Lead-Acid Batteries
- Internal charger temperature monitoring and power output control
- LED Indicators showing state of charge
- Overcharging, short circuit and over-temperature protection
- Input and output reverse polarity protection
- Thermal overload protection
- Solar input overload protection
- Power cut memory function: once selected, the charger will remain on this battery type until it is changed
- Model: TVD-20
- Type: Multi Stage DC to DC
- Input: DC Battery: 13.2-16.0 Volts Solar Input: 16.0-25.0 Volts
- Output/Charging Voltage: 13.5-15.4 Volts(Stops charging when alternator output or vehicle battery below 13.0 volts)
- Output Current: 20AMP
- Minimum Start Voltage: 2.0 Volts-For battery being charged
- Soft Start: Yes
- Soft Charge Current: DCDS20@20A
- Bulk Charge Voltage: 14.7V(AGM/Gel)14.4V(Lead Acid)15.4V(Calcium)14.4V(LiON)
- Absorption: Constant voltage with automatic amperage control
- Equalisation: Automatic
- Float Charge Voltage: 13.5V(AGM/Gel)13.5V(Lead Acid)13.5V(Calcium)
- Float Charge Current: 100mA
- Battery Range: 18 to 250Ah
- 0-1 Metres Cable: 12AWG
- 1-5 Metres Cable: 8 AWG
- 5 Metres Cable: 6 AWG
All-in-one chargers which have multiple charge settings to suit different sized batteries and charging requirements. Capable of recharging the battery and maintaining the charge state indefinitely, they are particularly well suited to being continuously connected to a battery. Some models also have additional functions such as rapid boost charging and can also be used as a general purpose high current power supply. For further information see these types of possible charging states *may not be applicable to the unit you are viewing *
BATTERY TEST - Checks the battery to ensure it is ready for charging, polarity of leads etc.
DESULPHATION: Detects sulfated batteries. Pulsing current and voltage, removes sulfate from the lead plates of the battery restoring the battery.
SOFT START: Initial battery test to determine battery condition. Ift he battery is severely discharged, charger will begin the Soft Start stage. Charging starts with reduced current until battery voltage reaches a normal condition for charge.
BULK MODE: Major charging stage where the battery receives the majority of its charge. During this stage the battery is charged to up to 80% capacity.
ABSORPTION MODE: Completes the charge up to virtually 100% at a slower charge rate to protect the batteries working life.
RECONDITION MODE: Select “Recondition” mode, charges at higher voltage to recondition the sulfate of the battery to save battery life.
ANALYSIS: Tests if the battery can hold charge. Batteries that cannot hold charge may need to be replaced.
FLOAT: Low constant voltage, minimal charge current, battery is fully charged.
PULSE MODE: Maintaining the battery at 95-100% capacity. The charger monitors the battery voltage and gives