Introducing the newest and best solar technology on the market, Shingle Cell Solar Panels. Shingle solar cells are solar cells that are made up of typically 5 or 6 strips which are overlaid to form connections. With the use of an electrically conductive adhesive (ECA), they are able to be conductive without the need of lots of busbars. As a result of this you get a much lighter panel as well as a smaller overall size due to the lack of wasted space on the panel.
Advantages of shingled solar panels:
- Collect more energy
- Higher power per square meter, due to the cells not being spaced apart by busbars
- Less energy loss due to shading
- Conventional solar panels have the individual cells wired in series so when part of the panel is in the shade there is significant energy loss. However, shingle cells are wired in parallel which significantly reduces the loss of power when part of the panel is in the shade.
- Better reliability
- Busbars can be a fail point on solar panels, as well as soldered joints. By going to shingle cells you move away from these fail points.
- Static and dynamic load tests have also shown that the shingle-type approach is less likely to fail due to external forces applied to the panel.
- Our shingle cell solar panels weigh half the weight of a traditional panel and with a protective coating over the cells are more resistant to hard objects hitting them. As opposed to the old-style panels where glass covers the cells and can be easily smashed by large falling sticks or hail.
Part Number: SOL200-SC
Maximum Power at STC (Pmax): 200W
Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 18.7V
Optimum Operating Current (Imp) : 10.7A
Open - Circuit Voltage (Voc) : 22.1V
Short - Circuit Current (lsc): 11.83A
Cell Efficiency : Above 21.0%
Operating Temperature: -20 •c to +65 ' C
Maximum System Voltage: 1000 V DC (IEC)
Power Tolerance: +/- 5%
Solar Cell: Mono Shingle cell
Dimensions ≈ 1155 x 900 x 35MM
Power output warranty: 20 Years
Product Warranty: 2 Years